We first built RHOVIT in 2012 with the idea that there had to be a better way for content providers to get their work to their fans in a way that didn't involve giving up content rights or large chunks of profit to platforms. Having come from an Indie film background, we were very familiar with the pitfalls of distribution.
We faced two problems:
- We were ahead of the times for à la carte streaming.
- It was a better system but not good enough to truly make a difference.
We sidelined the project with the intention to bring it back when we could truly solve the problems of content distribution. We knew Rhovit had to include:
- Being able to accept true micropayments
- Providers receiving 100% of all earnings with no fees taken out
- Incentivizing users to actually spend to experience content
- Making it easy for providers to promote themselves
THE TIME IS NOW.
With the advent of platforms like Ethereum, and the ability to create smart contracts and tokens, we are finally able to create the ecosystem that is needed to change the game. As people who both create and consume content, this is the platform that we would want to use.